Sunday, November 6, 2011

Homecoming

The Commodores are currently on a three-week tour of the West Coast. For more information, visit our website.

Growing up in Phoenix, I am always excited to get back and visit with family and friends. This performance was really special to me personally, as I was able to see friends that I haven't seen in 15 years. I am the lead trumpet player in the Commodores and don't normally play any of the improvised solos with the band. But last night, the music director programmed one of my favorite tunes in the book, "Miss Fine," and I played a solo on it. It was nice having my friends hear me, especially in front of such a large and enthusiastic crowd.

I look forward to seeing my father-in-law tonight in Sun City West. The band sounds fantastic and it is a real pleasure playing every night with such wonderful musicians.

Musician 1st Class Nick Cooper plays lead trumpet in the Commodores.

No comments: